Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Chelsey - The last few weeks.

I think it will be easier to start from now and go backwards.

Chelsey, with the 5th grade girls basketball team, started the Monroe Tournament this week and we lost our first game. We had one girl out sick and Chelsey herself has been fighting a terrible cold. They play again Thursday and if they win would play again Friday and if they win there would play Saturday at 11 a.m. On Saturday, we also start the Leonard Tournament - we have a game scheduled there at 10 a.m. so there could be a conflict but I don't want to get the cart before the horse - we'll see how tomorrow plays out in Monroe. If we lose, we are done at Monroe.

On a growing note.....Chelsey informed me that she needed new jeans. We bought jeans in August, this is how many months later....going on 7......yep, an inspection of the jeans while she had them on revealed she could use a couple more pair. If this hasn't been an ordeal. I ordered a pair from Aeropostale online couple weeks ago, a 1/2 short, and although a little big, they fit without looking sloppy so we kept them. I went to Old Navy this past Friday and found 2 pair of size 14, one on clearance and the other on sale, since her jeans in August were size 12, I thought the next size would be good. I was proved wrong. The length was ok but extremely tight around the waist, well, not exactly the waist, since they are so low, but let's just say around the middle way they land and she tries to fasten. I would say after, oh, 15 mintues, breathing would be impaired!!! lol. Yesterday, I found myself back at Old Navy returning the ones that did not fit and looking in the Jr. section. I pulled out a size 0, 1 and 2 and tried to pick the ones that had a "short" length. After all, she is only eleven. I found 3 pair, all a little different, that were comparable in length to the 14's that fit in length, just too tight, and that gave her a little more room around the middle.

I took them home and they basically all 3 fit but we decided on one pair that worked the best. So now I'll be back to Old Navy to return the other 2. What else is there to do on my lunch break?!?!

She spent Friday night with the Baker girls since Chase had a ball tournament in Moberly all day Saturday. She was fine with that as it is like her second home away from home and got to go a birthday party with them.

On Thursday of last week, the 5th grade girls played North Shelby, there, a rematch of the Clarence Tournament and once again won the game. Of course I have no stats on the game as I coach, which also means I have no pictures of her playing. We're going to have to do something about that.

They played in the Clarence Tournament the week of Feb. 16 and they won their first game against North Shelby, 20 to 16. I do, however, remember the score to that game since that is the most points they have scored all season. Since there were only 5 teams that shot them straight to Saturday's game for 1st where they met up with Paris and were handed a defeat.

No comments: