Friday, March 27, 2009

M-I-Z......Z-O-U

I'm not that in to college basketball, but my office is filled with alot of Mizzou fans so when you are continually hearing about something it can sway you to take an interest. Last night, I watched the game, Mizzouri vs. Memphis and saw a really good game and an amazing shot at the half-time buzzer from about 65 ft. It was nothing but net.

With my talk about music earlier this week and now some Mizzou basketball, it brought me to my original experience of Mizzou basketball and Van Halen. Ok, here I go, about to assign the age to the person.....it was either 1983 or 1984 and my friend Tonya asked me to go with her to a game. Her neighbor had a couple of extra tickets and they asked her to go and to bring along a friend. I got to be the lucky chosen one.

So what I can remember is there were 2 approx 13 year old girls sporting white long sleeve panama jack t-shirts with Lee jeans on who thought they were something special. I remember 2 players, Jon Sundvold and Steve Stipanovich and hearing "Jump" for the first time by Van Halen played at the game. I really doubt that anybody noticed us, especially since our seats were in the "nose bleed" section.

Ah, those were the years!!!

No comments: