Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Music

After I posted the thing on Chicago I got to thinking about how my liking for music has changed and then changed back over the years. Seems like when I was in high school there was a lot of heavy metal groups, geez, I can't even remember the group names. Maybe I remember the fact that heavy metal was so popular because the guys always played it on the band trips. Music would be blarring out of the windows. I also remember when Cyndi Lauper was the new craze.

I reached a point in my early twenties that I kind of made the switch to country but none of that twangy crap. And I guess I do still like the newer country. I have gone to my share of country concerts. In fact, I remember waiting in line all day at the MO State Fair in the early 90's to see Vince Gill. And if anybody has ever been to the state fair in August, it is one hot puppy!!! But I would still wait in line to see him again. But I guess my true liking would be pop and soft rock, or whatever they call Doughery's music.

When I returned from lunch I heard Doughtery on the radio. I like his style of music. He's got some great songs out. Then I heard Rasberry Beret by Prince and that is a great song too. Now the artist might be a little quirkey, but the music is good. There will always be some classics like Journey. I get my share of listening to music commutting to and from work!!

No comments: