Saturday, February 21, 2009

Week Ending 2-21-09

Well, as I look at my blog background I see it needs some serious updating as Valentine's has come and gone.

The week started out pretty crappy as I awoke about 3:30 a.m. Monday morning with a migraine. I actually had woke up earlier but tried to just sleep it off but no luck. I took 2 pills and back to bed. At 6 a.m. I emailed my boss that I was sick. By 10 a.m. I had taken the max limit of my migraine medicine and I was still in pain. I called my dr. in Columbia and it was 1:30 pm before I heard back but they were calling in a pain killer for me. I got that by 3 pm and took 1 and by 4:30 pm took another. (It said I could take 2 at the beginning but I didn't.) I thought maybe around 6:30 my headache let up a little and I started working for home but by 9 pm my headache was coming back with a vengance. So 2 pain pills later I found myself going to bed.

At 2 a.m. I woke up....sorry.... puking, and did this every 1/2 hour until 7:30 a.m. on Tuesday morning. I once again emailed my boss I was still stick but could work from home. I 5 am I finally realized the headache was gone but had no idea how long I would be barfing. I think I finally came to the conclusion that I had taken so much medicine it just made me sick.

I have been going to a neurologist since August. I am on 2 preventive migraine medicines but still get them and they are very debilitating. If anybody out there has some "wonder cure", please, let me know!!!!

The 5th grade girls team played in Clarence this week. Since Chelsey's bracket only had 5 teams and they won their first game, they only play again today at 2:30 pm for 1st. We've done a little scoping out the competition and think we're in for a tough game.

Chase has also been sick this week with the bad headache and the sinus congestion. Yesterday brought a new twist to the symptoms when he told me he had 5 nosebleeds at school during the day. His shirt contained all the evidence. We set up the cool mist vaporizer last night by his bed but he said he woke up a couple times last night with nosebleeds.

It seems if it's not one thing it's another.

You know, it's pretty bad when I can't find my clothes because my 11 year old daughter has them on. Then again, when I can't find a T-shirt to wear I got to my son's closet. I'm not really sure what that means.....

Later.

No comments: