Monday, August 3, 2009

So Where Do I Begin???

I think as far back as I can remember over the last couple of weeks was to Old Settlers, which was held a lot earlier this year. It was really hard to think of it happening in July, but oh well, it has come and gone now.

On Thursday nite, July 23 ( I think, because I am too lazy to get up and look at the calendar ) we went over and watched the Queen Contest.

On Friday nite, we went over and watched the Family Fued game, of which I didn't hear alot of as I was too busy talking. ( imagine that !!)

On Saturday morning Chelsey went to her friends Myah's house for a birthday sleep over. They also went to Columbia and took in the Boone Co Fair and did a little shopping at the mall. Chase and I headed over to Shelbyville and watched the parade. He left with his friends to go ride 4 wheelers and I stayed and watched the games that afternoon.

Later that night we headed back over to watch Karmen and Kellie perform, who were very talented and quite entertaining. We then took in the festivities and live band at Willey's getting home at an early 2 a.m. By the way, I started vacation on Friday night.....

All I wanted to do on my vacation was spend some time with my kids and catch some rays.... well, I stole as much time with my kids as I could but mother nature didn't cooperate very well in the sun department.

On Monday, Chelsey and I went to the beach in Macon at Long Branch and enjoyed the afternooon with Cami Decker and Amanda Friesz and kids. On the way home, not so much fun as my car overheated in Macon and I had to be hauled home. Chase spent the night at his grandparents on Monday so he could go 4 wheel riding with his friends.

Tuesday, the weather pretty much stunk so I resorted to cleaning out closests and drawers of the kids. What a vacation wish!

On Wed, we headed to Worlds of Fun and by 4:30 pm the kids were done so we went to Cabela's and to see Kansas Motor Speedway. After supper at Longhorn we headed home listening to what turned out to be the 15 inning game St Louis had vs LA Dodgers arriving home at 11:30 pm.
On Thursday, Chelsey and I made a quick trip to Hannibal to get stuff for the weekend float trip and gave her a chance to look at new phones. I was still in great hopes of sun when we got home early afternoon but the clouds came out and ruined that from happening.

No comments: