Friday, August 21, 2009

Mo State Fair continued....

Ok, so after I made the first post, I was getting interrupted and lost my train of thought, so I thought I'd chime back in and fill in the gaps.

On Thursday, the first day of the state fair, when I got off work that day, I left Columbia for Sedalia and met them there. They had left early that day for Sedalia and took the camper down, got all settled, etc. After a very "clustered" ordeal of trying to get into the fairgrounds that afternoon around 4:45 pm ( thank you Kelley ), I met up with Julie and the girls; well, Jr, Connie and the boys too. The concert started at 7:30 and we were in our seats in the grandstands by 6:45 pm.

I sat on the opposite side of Chelsey and the girls. I told Chelsey I wasn't there to rain on her fun. They were busy taking gabbing, taking pictures and having fun. The real fun though started when the LoCoash Cowboys made their way center stage to perform. And perform they did. Can't wait for their first album to come out in October.

LoCash was actually the opening act that night, for Cross Canadian Ragweed, but after the concert was over, the girls made their way quickly to the merchandise area and waited thru the whole second concert for the LoCash Cowboys to come out and sign autographs. I listened to 5 or 6 of CCR songs and quickly figured out that they weren't for me.

I stayed in the campgrounds that night which after getting to bed at 1 a.m. and leaving by 5:15 a.m. the next morning, makes for a very short night. When I got home Friday night, I crashed on the couch at 7:30 pm and didn't wake up until the next morning. We went back to the State Fair on Saturday and arrived there that afternoon and were walking down the midway about 4:30 pm. All I can say is when you are at the state fair, you had better put on your walking shoes. Chase took a friend and it didn't take them long to hook up with friends from home and they were off. We did take in the Aaron Watson concert in the bud tent. He was good, but a little too traditional for my taste in music, but I can certainly appreciate that he was good. Later on we listened to some of the Gary Allen concert which sounded like it was a pretty good concert too.

Chase and his friend Quentin did a little "redneck camping" as they pitched an air mattress in the back of the truck and slept in sleeping bags. The weather was perfect for it though. Sunday morning saw some rain. We hung around all day to take in the free Kansas concert. We learned that night that they were celebrating 35 years of Kansas. They were amazing musicians, did alot of jamming on stage, sang, but other than that, were pretty boring. (They could take some lessons on a stage show from the LoCash Cowboys.)
Kansas singing "Dust in the Wind"
Kansas singing "Carry on my Wayward Son"
Chase and Quentin doing a little "redneck camping".
And one of the funniest things I saw at the State Fair, the chicken and what I called its "hairdo"
.
So it was another late night arriving home Sunday night at 11:30 pm and I had to be up and at 'um at 5:15 a.m. the next morning. So much for pretty sleep, lol.


No comments: