Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The Small Things

My kids are now 13 and 11 and are getting to the point of self-sufficiency. It's amazing how such "small things" can give you joy, like having your son ask you to make him a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and cut it diagonally and brushing your daughters long hair after she's gotten out of the shower. It seems like only yesterday that they were still in diapers, how quickly the time can get away from you. We live in such a fast paced world now. Just a note to all my friends, take the time to enjoy the small things, they are precious.

1 comment:

Megan said...

This makes me think of the song, "You're Goin' Miss This". It's so easy to get caught up in everything, but so much more important to take time for the little things. Allison said the sweetest thing the other night, "Mommy, you're my favorite girl." It just melted my heart.