Thursday, January 7, 2010

Children of Today

So it was Tuesday night, and I was in my room and Chase in his and I get a text message, "Mom, come in my room, I want to show you something." Well, beings that he so not often asks me stuff like that, I crossed the living room to his room and there he lay on the bed with his laptop with youtube pulled up and he had to show me a video. So I layed there with him and watched it and we talked about it. We parted ways...........well, I left his room and went back to doing what it was that I had been doing.

About 20 minutes have passed now by this time, I get another text, "Mom, will you come in my room and shut my TV off." My response could have been sooooo not the right one, but I once again crossed the living room, entered his room and laughed as he lay curled up under the covers and teased him that he just didn't to get out from under them to turn it off. He grinned. And I shut the tv off.

Take the time to do the little things..........they matter. :)

2 comments:

Jackie said...

That is funny! Kobe asked me if he could get a cell phone. Ha..ha..now way...he's 9! You're right the little things do matter and I think they are the most important.

Stay Warm!
Jackie

Megan said...

Completely agree with you. I try to do as much as possible for I know they won't be little long and they'll be grown and out of the house before I know it.