Monday, January 12, 2009

The Weekend

Saturday a.m. I spent some addtional time on work stuff; I think I might actually go to work on Monday morning and not feel like I am in a hole I can't get out of. Chelsey came home after lunch and then we went and got Chase at his friends house and went home and got ready to attend the South Shelby Tournament. Both S Shelby teams were playing for first. The game didn't start until 6 pm but Chase was adamant about leaving before 5 pm to get a seat. I kinda thought that it was ridiculous but as it turned out, he was right. The bleachers were already full when we got there but I found a seat with some friends who had some saved but had room for me. Thank goodness I had not taken in much liquid thoughout the day because when you are on the top row in a crowded gym, it's a "forever hold your pee" time. Oh, I guess I could have said a lot of excuse me's and made it to the bottom and out to the hall but I was able to wait until we got home. We were all calling who got the bathroom from the car.

Chelsey had 2 games in Moberly Sunday afternoon. The first game they came really close on but just couldn't manage to pull out the win. The second game was played against a much more experienced team and it was heartbreaking for the girls. It's hard to lose, especially when you are young like that. I try to encourage the girls that every game they play they gain experience themselves but it's hard. But we'll keep working and keep playing.

No comments: