Monday, January 26, 2009

Catching up....

So, where do I begin. I guess I will start by educating women of all ages, whether you just turned 40; have already turned 40 or haven't even approached 40.........do your monthly breast exam, because I hadn't been, and found a lump and have no idea how long it had been there, except for knowing it was not there this past April; but it was on January 15th. I was lucky, it turned out to be nothing, or so I've been told over the phone by a nurse who says your tests were clear and the doctor will go over things in detail at your appt. in February. There is nothing more frightening then at 9 pm on a Thursday night to find a lump. I guess I made a pretty convincing case the next day when I called the doctor and said I can't wait until Feb. 3 to see a doctor as they were able to fax in an order at the hospital and I got the test that same day only to have to wait until Wednesday to find out they were clear. Still alot of unaswered questions but I was told I have nothing to worry about.

Chase had a couple of games last week, they won two and lost one. We took in one night of the Macon tournament through the middle of the week on the Varsity level; the night the SS Boys scored 105 points! On Friday night Chelsey's team had practice and then I came home to an old movie, "Kindergarten Cop". I hadn't see it in a long time, those kids were quite hilarious in the beginning. Chase had games on Mon., Thurs and Sat. Saturday was a make up game from one that got cancelled on a snow day. So Saturday was a day of basketball in which we went from the Shelbina Middle School for 3 games to Moberly for Chelsey's game then on to the Macon Tournament to watch SS in the finals for both boys and girls. Chelsey didn't win her game but they scored a season high 13 points and continue to improve. Both SS teams lost.

Needless to say, I did not get out of my pj's on Sunday. I got up late, took a nap, and then just hung out the rest of the time. And of course by the end of the evening had developed another of my famous headaches which is still with me even now. If anybody out there has some suggestions, please, suggest away. So far the neurologist is about 0-3 on helping out from the number of times I've seen him.

This is the last week of middle school basketball; Chase plays Wed. in Monroe during their tournament and then Saturday, either for 3rd or 1st; depends on the outcome of Wed. Chelsey has finished Moberly basketball and now we fall into Shelbina Lions Club Basketball. More on that later.

No comments: