Wednesday, December 9, 2009

A Little Behind

As I looked back to see when my last post took place, I realized it had been a while. Guess there's lots of reasons why I haven't kept up.

Today, it was absolutely freezing. A cold 16 degrees with major wind. I said to somebody that if I didn't know better I would think that I lived in the windy city. Seems like this part of MO lucked out on the snow. I have realtives in IA and NE that weren't so lucky and have been digging out all day. I like a good snow every know and then, mostly I like it to come during the daylight hours when I can see it getting bad. I don't on the other hand enjoy having to drive in it.

Chase had a JV game Monday night but didn't play due to ankles that are hurting him. We had him to the physical therapists yesterday and they say that he runs on the outsides of his feet, which isn't what he is supposed to be doing which is attributing to the pain. We go back either tomorrow or Friday to have some inserts molded to put in his shoes to force him to walk / run correctly which I hope solves the problem.

I started working from home on Tuesday ( yesterday ). I have all my stuff moved here now. Still alot of adjustments to be made. Being the kind of person who likes to be around a lot of people this will take some getting used to, being at home by myself throughout the day. Don't get me wrong, this is what I dreamed of and worked towards but it still takes some getting used to.

I went Christmas shopping all day Saturday. If Quincy would get an Aeropostale, American Eagle and Hollister store I would be very happy. Otherwise, I love shopping in Quincy. They have most all the other stores you would want, decent resturants and you don't have to deal with the awful traffic of CoMO. I did take a short time out to travel back to Hannibal for a quick picture of Chase and his girlfriend Kelli as they were eating at Fiddlesticks before going back to the school for the Snowball Dance.

Sunday I got to spend some time with my nephew Rhett. He is so funny. Lola and I ran down to Monroe to Ben Franklin to get some material and we took him with us.

All last week I was in CoMO for training. It was a long week but I guess it was a productive one. Enjoyed the time with fellow co-workers from different states. Alot of laughs too.

Well, I had pictures to post but the camera and computer are both taking me to the brink of screaming so I will try to post them tomorrow.

1 comment:

Gina said...

Glad to see an update, but I'm still waiting for the pictures. I guess you said tomorrow and it isn't "tomorrow" yet :)!! Can't wait to see you this weekend! Hope working from home is going well!!