Wednesday, June 10, 2009

A Mom's Scare

There is nothing worse then to know your child is some 20 hours away when you learn there has been a randon shooting at one of the sites he's supposed to be visiting. I'm sure most of you all know now that today, around 12:50 pm, there was a shooting inside the Holocaust Museum. A security guard has died and the shooter himself is in critical condition.

I was lucky, I got a phone call before I heard it on the radio or saw it posted on the internet. Contact had been made with Chase and while their class was supposed to have been at the exact museum where the shooting took place, he said their schedule had been changed and they were at Arlington National Cemetery.

I had talked to Chase about mid morning today when I had asked for my daily picture - what I got was a picture of the clouds - what I wanted from him after the shooting scare - was a texted picture of him. (I didn't get it, but it was a thought.)

No comments: